Email: evan at vote dot org Phone: 303-923-5918
- Spearheaded the Alternative High School at Croton-Harmon High School, New York, 1969
- Computerized the Latin American Division of Xerox in Stamford, Connecticut, 1971
- Founding member of the Colorado Springs Artists Co-op, 1973
- Taos Office Manager and Researcher, NM Solar Energy Assoc., 1978
- Professional not-so-tight-rope artist “Evan from Heaven”, 1978-98
- Student of yoga master Richard Freeman, 1979-
- Rode a mountain bike from Arizona to Guatemala 11/88-2/89, including the first bicycle crossing of a 400-mile track through the Sierra Madre.
- Founded the Voting by Phone Foundation, 1989.
- Author of column “As the Millennium Turns” for Colorado Daily, 1990-95
- Voted “Best Activist” by readers of Boulder Daily Camera, 7/26/92 for promoting Voting by Phone and spearheading the 13th St. Bike Path, built in 1993.
- Spearheaded the 1993 Voting by Phone ballot initiative in Boulder. We lost 59-41%
- Rafted the Jatate, Lacuntun and Ucimacinta Rivers in Chiapas, Mexico on a log raft, 2/93
- Observer of Government-Zapatista negotiations in Chiapas, Mexico, 2/94
- A main source for the book Presumed Guilty regarding the murder of neighbor JonBenet Ramsey, 1999
- Advisor to fmr. US Senator Mike Gravel on the National Initiative for Democracy 1999-
- Backpacked from home in Boulder to Salida, 300 miles on the Continental Divide and Colorado Trails, 2001
- Put the best 1000 photos of a 1/3 century of color photography on the web, 2002
- Started “The Doctor is IN” help booth on Boulder’s Pearl St. Mall, 2003
- Began digital photography, 2004
- Began Evan’s Excellent Editing, 2008
- Completed Richard Freeman’s 200 hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Intensive, 2009
- Began Gates of Paradise Trips “Hard hikes to cush hot springs” in Mexico’s Copper Canyon, 2009
The only video I have of my not-so-tight-rope show:
- Programmer Analyst, Xerox National Sales. Rochester, NY. 1972-3.
- Programmer Analyst, UCLA Medical Center. Los Angeles, CA. 1973-4.
- Programmer Analyst, IP Sharpe, Ltd, Rochester, NY & Toronto 1975-6
- Programmer Analyst, The Architects. Taos NM. 1977 .
- Researcher and Office Manager, New Mexico Solar Energy Association. Taos, NM. 1978. Research summary published by High Country News
- Performing Artist from Alaska to Guatemala. 1978-1998
- Executive Director, Voting By Phone Foundation (now Vote.org) Boulder, CO, 1989 – Present
- Columnist, Colorado Daily, Boulder, CO. 1990 – 1995
- Preschool teacher, Homestar, Boulder, 2004-5
- Researcher for Jared Polis, 2006
- Freelance Editor, 2009
- Croton-Harmon High School, Croton-on-Hudson, NY. 1966 -1970.
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO. 1971-2.
- CU-Boulder, 1980.