Email: eravitz (at) gmail.com NEW Mobile Phone: (720) 403-5594
- Spearheaded with 3 others the Alternative High School at Croton-Harmon High School, New York, 1969
- Computerized the Latin American Division of Xerox in Stamford, Connecticut, 1971
- Founding member of the Colorado Springs Artists Co-op, 1973
- Taos Office Manager and Researcher, NM Solar Energy Assoc., 1978
- Professional not-so-tight-rope artist “Evan from Heaven”, 1978-98
- Student of yoga master Richard Freeman, 1979-
- Rode a mountain bike from Arizona to Guatemala 11/88-2/89, including the first bicycle crossing of a 400-mile track through the Sierra Madre.
- Founded the Voting by Phone Foundation, 1989.
- Author of column “As the Millennium Turns” for Colorado Daily, 1990-95
- Voted “Best Activist” by readers of Boulder Daily Camera, 7/26/92 for promoting Voting by Phone, spearheading the 13th St. Bike Path, built in 1994, and getting three new freedoms on the Pearl Street Mall: personal services permits, for chair massage, Hair Braiding, etc., permits for musicians to sell their recordings, and via the ACLU, Free Speech tables so anyone can distribute literature and collect funds for anything.
- Spearheaded the 1993 Voting by Phone ballot initiative in Boulder. We lost 59-41%
- Rafted the Jatate, Lacuntun and Ucimacinta Rivers in Chiapas, Mexico on a log raft, 2/93
- Observer of Government-Zapatista negotiations in Chiapas, Mexico, 2/94
- A main source for the book Presumed Guilty regarding the murder of neighbor JonBenet Ramsey, 1999
- Advisor to fmr. US Senator Mike Gravel on the National Initiative for Democracy 1999-
- Backpacked from home in Boulder to Salida, 300 miles on the Continental Divide and Colorado Trails, 2001
- Put the best 1000 photos of a 1/3 century of color photography on the web, 2002
- Started “The Doctor is IN” help booth on Boulder’s Pearl St. Mall, 2003
- Began digital photography, 2004
- Began Evan’s Excellent Editing, 2008
- Completed Richard Freeman’s 200 hour Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Intensive, 2009
- Began Gates of Paradise Trips “Hard hikes to cush hot springs” in Mexico’s Copper Canyon, 2009
Led the fight for Boulder’s voter-approved online petitioning system for ballot initiatives and referenda, 2018-2020
The only video I have of my not-so-tight-rope show:
- Programmer Analyst, Xerox National Sales. Rochester, NY. 1972-3.
- Programmer Analyst, UCLA Medical Center. Los Angeles, CA. 1973-4.
- Programmer Analyst, IP Sharpe, Ltd, Rochester, NY & Toronto 1975-6
- Programmer Analyst, The Architects. Taos NM. 1977 .
- Researcher and Office Manager, New Mexico Solar Energy Association. Taos, NM. 1978. Research summary published by High Country News
- Performing Artist from Alaska to Guatemala. 1978-1998
- Executive Director, Voting By Phone Foundation (now EvanRavitz.com/vote) Boulder, CO, 1989 – Present
- Columnist, Colorado Daily, Boulder, CO. 1990 – 1995
- Preschool teacher, Homestar, Boulder, 2004-5
- Researcher for Jared Polis, 2006
- Freelance Editor, 2009
- Croton-Harmon High School, Croton-on-Hudson, NY. 1966 -1970.
- Colorado College, Colorado Springs, CO. 1971-2.
- CU-Boulder, 1980.